Job Title: Research Fellow
Reporting To: Program Head, Primary Health Care Research
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the implementation of The George Institute’s mission, strategy and objectives, through the established and new projects.
- Contribute to all aspects of the current project at the site level and making sure that the scope and direction of the project is on schedule on the field.
- The work will include identifying priority areas and leading the project on the field while coordinating between the teams within the organization and on the ground.
- The work will include (but not be limited to) assisting in the development of study related documents like protocols, tools, reports and presentations; and data collection apps through liasoning with the app development team at the institute.
- Organizing and coordinating health education camps and community engagement activities
- Monitoring the smooth running finance processes – including activities such as reviewing the budget and reporting the expenses.
- Managing the hiring and training of staff on the field.
- Collaborating with researchers outside the research team ; within and outside the George Institute for Global Health, to design and implement innovative interventions for the improvement of health care in the project.
- Leading research activities by developing new research questions and monitoring field activities
- Keeping abreast of current developments in research of relevance to the Institute; providing a source of information to other researchers within the Institute
- Contributing to the preparation of journal publications, media reports and other public affairs outputs
- Contributing to local, national and international meetings of relevance to the area of research expertise and develop working partnerships within relevant research networks.
- Contributing and overseeing contributions to teaching and training, including the supervision of students and other teaching and examining responsibilities where relevant
Skills and Experience:
- Masters/ Doctoral qualification in public health
- Possess proficient level of scientific knowledge about urban health issues, maternal and child illnesses and issues related to such illnesses is essential.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in the area of public health
- Strong focus on quality and timely delivery of work.
- Well organized with good time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of proficiency in English
- Ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture, whilst still maintaining a focus on detail and implementation
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their resume with full contact details by 23 November 2018, clearly mentioning the job title 'Research Fellow' in the subject line.