Research Fellow - Diabetes
Type of career:
Application close date:
Research (reporting to the Senior Research Fellow)
- Support to the senior research fellow GIC or the senior specialists from professional organizations in preparing new grant applications.
- Assist in developing study protocols, operation manuals, training programmes, health education materials, data collection tools and quality control plans.
- Keep routine communications with project implementation team to ensure that the academic support is given timely and key principles are followed accordingly during implementation, including technical training, study participants sampling and randomization, study monitoring, data collection coordination and other technical tasks for the project.
- Conduct or supervise the data cleaning, working closely with the data manager.
- Assist or lead the data analysis and the development of reports.
- Analyse data and prepare manuscripts for publication.
Implementation (reporting to the Project Manager)
- Provide technical training to the local research team as required
- Participate in the study monitoring activities when required
- Responsible for data collection coordination
- Responsible for study participants randomization and other technical tasks for the project
- Support to the senior research fellow in GIC or the senior specialists from professional organizations, in communicating with project relevant key stakeholders.
- Other roles required to ensure the successful implementation of study protocols.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Master's or higher degree in clinical medicine/endocrinology/health service management / epidemiology /health economics / statistics / related area, or other relevant postgraduate qualification with specialist experience in these areas.
- Research or working background in e/m-health preferred.
- Advanced technical writing and oral presentation skills in Mandarin and English
- Solid understanding of research and related ethical principles in the conduct of research
- Competence with computer programs (especially MS Office; MS Word, MS Excel) and electronic communication (email and internet).
- Ability to perform advanced statistical analyses
Personal Characteristics and Capabilities
- Great enthusiasm in research work
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet with project staff and work as required to meet timelines
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills