Data Management Ⅱ
The Data Management Ⅱ is responsible for assisting in the planning, set-up, programming, monitoring and ongoing maintenance of data management systems to support research projects of George Institute and to ensure the collection of data is complete, accurate and ready for statistical analyses.
The Data Management Ⅱ will report to the Head, Research Services of The George Institute China directly and indirectly to the Lead, Data Management, The George Institute, global team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the design of Case Report Forms and other data collection tools according to study protocol requirements
- Design, build and test of the electronic data collection system
- Program and validate data quality checks in the data management system (for example, inconsistent, missing and incorrect data checks)
- Data cleaning, formatting, and data listing tasks in SAS where applicable
- Develop and maintain project data management documentation using Institute templates where available eg. Data Management Plan, Edit Check Specifications
- Ensure all work complies with the agreed change management processes for the project
- Participate in the development and validation of new data management systems and processes as required
Compliance and Training
- Complete and document mandatory training for this role within specified timelines
- Comply with all applicable regulations, guidelines, SOPs and project-specific requirements
- Comply with all Institute policies and procedures relevant to this role
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor or master degree in life sciences, clinical, biological or computer sciences, statistics, epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Experience with database management or SQL programming preferred.
- Experience with any clinical database systems and statistical programs highly regarded.
- Experience with clinical research, project management and change management highly regarded.
- A certificate of MCDBA from Microsoft or DBA from Oracle and IBM preferred.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.